If the court will not approve the plan initially proposed by a debtor, the debtor may modify the plan and seek court approval of the modified plan.  If the court does not approve a plan, it will usually give its reasons for refusing to do so, and the plan may then be appropriately modified so as become acceptable to the court.  A debtor who does not wish to modify a proposed plan may either convert the case to a Chapter 7 case or dismiss the case.