After a Chapter 7 case is filed, the person filing should provide a utility company with a deposit to ensure the payment of future utility services.  It is illegal for a utility company to refuse to provide utility service to the person after the case is filed, or to otherwise discriminate against the person, if its bill for past utility services is discharged in the  person’s Chapter 7 case.